Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Mom goes extreme camping!

Yesterday was the scariest day of my life I got a call from my sister
Saying that my mom was missing! My Mom went with my Dad to Pine Valley Utah to go fishing for the afternoon. My mom decided to go for a walk around the town of Pine Valley for some exercise. She decided to try a new trail that one of the locals said went right to the reservoir where my dad was fishing. It turns out that the local man was wrong. My Mom ended up hiking up to twenty miles and than had to stop and wait under a tree until day light. Luckily she was hiking with her dog so she was not all alone. Finally after about 15 hours the search and rescue went out for a third time to look for her. One of the men decided to go further up one of the trails they had been on. He thought that there was no way my mom could have hiked that far. But sure enough he found my mom hiking back down the trail toward the reservoir. Besides a bash of embarrassment my Mom is fine!! I am so happy and relieved that she was not hurt and that God answered all of our prayers. I told my mom next time she wants to go extreme hiking to call me and I will fly from Korea to go hiking with her! After all of this it made me realize how much I love and rely on my mom, I was so incredible happy to hear that she was not hurt!


I LOVE YOU MOM!!



4 comments:

The Weston's said...

oh how scary! I am so so glad that she is okay for you :)

Andrea said...

Wow...We are so happy everything is ok with her, anyway I think it was a big adventure for her...

*MARY* said...

twenty miles!!! where's her medal at?!

ashezart said...

holy cow! I'm so glad she is safe and well. I <3 your mom she is so sweet!