Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Boo.....Maybe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOO!!!!
MAYBE!
I say maybe because no one is sure when his actual
birthday is. We think it is probably today
April 4th. But when he was born his grandpa did not think
that his birthday was on a lucky day. So his grandpa changed his birthday
to August 15th Korea's Independence day. So on all his
documents his birthday is August 15th. But then
last year his mom called him around May 20th to wish him
a happy birthday. So it is anyone's guess.
But all I know is that I am happy that at one point in time
around 31 years ago he was born in a tiny house in
Ha Dong.
So happy happy birthday Boo, when ever it is!
I love you!!


In other news last Saturday we went to Busan.
We went to 남포동 a famous market and
범어사 a Buddhist temple.
범어사 was my favorite Buddhist temple in
Asia so far.






One of the few artifacts of Korea that Japan did not
destroy during the Korean war.

Boo thought that this turtle looked thirsty so
he gave him a little drink.

We got to the temple just in time to watch
the drumming ceremony.


3 comments:

Xsusha said...

Happy maybe birthday! Was this place you visited on the beach? It looks really cool...kind of coastal....

ashezart said...

*H*a*P*p*Y* *B*i*R*t*H*d*A*Y* *B*o*o*!*!*!*!*!*
Awesome pictures! I love all the lanterns.

mikensi said...

i am a blog stalker, you surprised? anyway- happy maybe birthday, boo! i kind of have a similar thang messed up- mostly about the birth place. the lady at the adoption agency (when we went back 18 years after my birth), the lady told me i was born in tejon city. but, my birth certificate says seoul, sk. h ah a haa! anyway- cool pics- loooove the turtle!