Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year, New Start

2011 really did a number on me. I think I aged about 40 years in 2011. Not in a good way of learning life lessons and gaining wisdom, but in a bad way of gaining weight and a grumpier old men- attitude towards life. The first half was pretty great. The last half however, felt like I was being drug behind a truck in a milk chocolate sea of stress, fatigue and anger. Either way New year = New Start!
The top 11 things that happened in 2011 both good and bad in a sort of shabby chronological order are:


1. Our second year as a family. I can't believe Ha Jyn will be turning two in a few weeks!
As queen of our house and ruler of our lives, I have never met anyone who has brought so much happiness to me.


2. I ran the LA marathon. Well jogged the LA Marathon. Great experience all around. 
Can't wait to do it again sometime in the future. 


3. Boo graduated with his Master's degree from MIIS. Go Boo!! Still proud of you!






4. We moved to San Jose for Boo's new job. The Job did not work out. At the time I was devastated but things turned out for the better.


5. Boo became an American citizen, or as I like to call a Kamerican. (duel Korean and American)

6. During our stay in San Jose Ha Jyn's boyfriend got diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma.  Definitely the shock of 2011. We have learned so much from him and his family this year. When I think of a way to explain him I always think of a warrior. Like in the book of Mormon, only stronger. Don't know what we would have done this year without our friends. At one point during our transition between San Jose and moving back to Monterey we and ALL of our stuff stayed at their house. That's true friendship! 
7. Our beloved Juny Ju had to leave our family.  We think about her often. I hope she is enjoying life and living big with her new family. We missed her during the holidays especially! 
8. Boo getting a government job in Monterey.  So happy to be back in Monterey. It really feels like home to us! 
Picture of Ha Jyn on our trip to Utah before Boo's job started. So glad we went as it would become the last time we saw my Grandma before she passed. 

9. My new niece Natalia! She is already a great kid. I am so happy to have her in our family. One of the main perks of 2011 for sure. 

10. Going to New York to meet Natalia. Due to the generosity of my sister Ha Jyn and I got to go to New York. We had such a great time with everyone. I loved seeing how much Annika had grown from the last time I saw her. 



11. Most recently,  the passing of my Grandma. 

  











For 2012 my resolutions are:
1. To be positive. To look at the diet coke bottle as being half full. Instead of looking it as half empty and spending the proceeding hours looking for someone else to blame for making it that way.
2. To not use any plastic grocery bags. 
3. To find my youth. By any means possible. (Botox, plastic surgery, pop culture, scriptures, running, cooking healthy, being kind etc,







HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: