Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ha Dong
















Ha Dong is the town that Boo was raised in. Ha Dong is a really small town and Boo's house was in a suburb about twenty minutes away from Ha Dong. It is in the mountains and is about five hours away from Seoul. It is really pretty with lots of cherry and persimmon trees. Almost all of the people that live in the village where Boo was raised are his Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. We had a feast when we got there. Boo's Mother, Boo and I all wore our hamboks. Boo and I had to bow to several of his relatives. I was really nervous about it because it is really hard to bow in a hambok. I did not fall down when I bowed, but I did bow way to fast. After the feast we went and saw Boo's dad's grave. In Korea you bow once to the living and twice for the dead. After we bowed twice we poured Boo's dad's favorite alcohol on his grave and poured come candies on his grave as well. It is tradition to place the foods or drinks that the person liked the most on on their graves. I loved all of Boo's old relatives in Ha Dong. The Auntie in the purple jacket sat by me at the feast, she was so nice. She kept hand feeding me food. She fed me this piece of beef, I tried to get out of eating it, but she put it in my mouth before I could stop her! So much for being a vegetarian!!

3 comments:

Keef, Cris & gang said...

Keef & I really like the Rainbow Brite dress you had made :) Is there some signifigance to the colors?

Rosario Black said...

Hi poptart! I finally created this account so i could leave you comments! I am so surprised you ate meat, although it's kind of like that time my mom made beans with meat in it and I never told you. Lets just face it you are a meat eating vegetarian!!

007 said...

I love those pictures, it seems you are having lots fun there, I love to hear all these good news from you, it's really cool.
ruth love