Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our trip to Geoje Do (고재도)

Last weekend was the mythical birthday of Korea. (개천절)
It's believed that that is the day that Korea was placed on the earth.
As for me I am willing to celebrate anything that will get me a day off of work.
We celebrated by going to visit Boo's brother Yong Ha. His wife Jin Ju and their kids Yoe Jin
and Hyung Jun. We ate really good food, stayed at a nice house and had
fun fishing together.

My cute Nephew 형준 watching
the boats in the ocean.


Boo is turning into my dad. It is a little
scary. A few days ago I caught him watching the
fishing channel while practicing tying knots with fishing line.
I think he may be in the process of balding as well.
This was his big catch of the day.

My niece and nephew keeping busy while
everyone was fishing.

This is a cool looking fish that Boo caught.

My beautiful niece 여진

Jin Ju helping Boo put his bait on while we
fished at night.

Getting ready to eat dinner.

The chefs busy at work.


I have a confession to make.
I am no longer a strict vegetarian.
I have been a strict vegetarian for over 12 years.
But I have caved into the delicious sea food of Korea.
I only eat fish, squid and octopus.
I feel like I have betrayed myself, but when I see
Barbecued mackerel it is as if all my
life long standards vanish into
thin air! Umm I want to eat mackerel right now!

2 comments:

Xsusha said...

I've never eaten mackerel, maybe I should try some- if it is delicious enough to bring a vegetarian to the dark side.

Keef, Cris & gang said...

I think your nephew is the Korean version of Alex. Every recent picture I have of him he has his DS in his hand.