Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Books

I made A new goal to try and read three books a month.
It does not matter if they are lite reads, heavy reads, fiction,
books for work or what have you.
Just as long as I read three books.
The month of October I read four. So every
month I am going to post what I read. If anyone knows
of a good book PLEASE share I am always looking for a new read.


This one was pretty entertaining and a very easy read.
I liked it because it was like reading a Sex and The City episode.
Just mainly about three girls and their friendship with one another.

I did not know there is a movie out of this book.
It is about a troubled Pregnant American women who's
husband left her and little sister comes from California to
help her out. I liked all the French influence in the book, but the plot does
not really evolve in a way that really captivates a reader. A nice book to read on a
long airplane ride.

This book I borrowed from one of my friends at
swimming aerobics class. She was married to a Korean Man
about 30 years ago and so when she found out I am married to a
Korean Man she and I connected. The book was written by her friend
that she met while she lived in Korea. The book tells of her friend's experience
being married to a Korean Man when Korea was under Japanese occupation.
It goes into detail the style of house she lived in and how she lived in the Korean
country side. I really enjoyed this book and had seen some of the style of house she lived in while
I lived in Korea.

I finally finished the Book of Mormon again.
It took me way longer than it should have. This time I high lighted all
of the references of Christ in it. I liked reading it that way, it kept me more alert about what I was reading about. I can't decide if I should start to re-read it
or start reading the epistles of Paul in New Testament.
As always a great read!


No comments: