Saturday, July 24, 2010

A week of visitors

It has been great to have visitors come and stay with us.
The week before last my bestest friend for the past decade or so
Destin, my Auntie and Uncle
and my Cousin Heather and her husband Doug came to Monterey.
Their visits helped ease the pain of my MIA parents who
chose the mountains over a visit with their granddaughter.
Hey not my fault that Ha Jyn called Aunt Bonnie "Grandma."
Now that I got that guilt trip out of the way....
I had a great time!!
I miss them and am sad to have a quite house again.
Here's a few things we did....

Destin watching the whales
Baby Ha Jyn having fun


A crane at the frog pond trail


Destin in his critically acclaimed role
of the seal



flirting with the women of Carmel
Carmel
Destin, Ha Jyn and I at Carmel Beach.
Us three years ago making our same "super excited" faces.
I have pictures of us over 10 years ago with the same exact expressions.
The background, our hair colors, my weight, destin's height all change.. but our
sarcastic mug's never do.
Our family in Carmel
Big Sur
Play time!
Snack time!
Ha Jyn's first Obon festival
Ha Jyn making new friends


My cousin Heather and her husband Doug with
Ha Jyn. They had to suffer through my one hit wonder
"Rockin' Ha Jyn" only about fifty million times. But as you can
see Ha Jyn loved to have them stay with us!
Auntie and Uncle at Point Lobos.
They helped me expand my repertoire to
Ha Jyn popping on the Ha Jyn Tree
Once there was a Ha Jyn
Ha Jyn the red nosed Ha Jyn
Twinkle Twinkle little Ha Jyn
I believe there were more, but the only thing
that would momentarily sidetrack Ha Jyn from hating her
car seat was Rockin' Ha Jyn.

Uncle Lenny
Cool orange moss
Ha Jyn looking at the wildlife
We allowed one exception to our 5'4 and under
party
Bonnie with her boyfriends
Happy Ha Jyn

4 comments:

Robyn said...

It's nice to see what my family has been up to. Glad you had a nice time with them.

Jennifer said...

Annika and I are jealous and wish we could have been among your visitors. Glad you all had fun!

Heather P said...

Cat, thanks again for letting us stay! We were so lucky to get to go to Monterrey and see you. Give CaBoodle a peck and a hug for me.

Keef, Cris & gang said...

Mady gets excited every time she see's Ha Jyn's picture & says "baby!" You should see her looking at the blog pictures :) See you soon