Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Are you the nanny?"..."Yes I am, my first pay check will come any day now!"



So a while ago I got asked the question, the one that inwardly has me visioning a nice
karate kick to the head.....
"Are you her nanny?"
First off, let me paint the setting.
I am walking the dog..
in my Mom jeans..

with a muffin top..
(this is some other poor soul's not mine)
wearing my moby wrap..

all signs point to your stereotypical Mom.

my answer.... "ummm no"

Some thought-up answers a month afterwards.
"Yeah I am such a great nanny I even gave birth to her!"
"Yup 24/7 Nanny"
"umm are you blind?"
"Nope, want to see my stretch marks?"
"Oh I knew I forgot to return something"

The thing is that person meant no harm.
And the other thing is I DONT want my kids to look like me.
Lets face it folks, I was never in the run for being a beauty queen.
When I first started college I remember reading an article about
how people subconsciously date others that have features one would
want for their offspring. It made total sense to me.
It's providing a better life for your kids before they are even in-utero.
When Ha Jyn came out with brown eyes and brown hair, I was ecstatic.
Not saying that I only married Boo for his good looks. ( I really married
him for his money)
But I was just excited that she has brown eyes that sparkle
and that they don't bulge out so much that people think she has
graves disease. (like mine)
At the same time I want it to be very clear that I am my babies mom!
I don't want any one else to have that right.
So the solution.. Clairol Number 68.
Haven't been asked since.

Hear other women with the same problem, great article via my sister Jenn




2 comments:

Casey said...

It's funny what complete strangers feel bold enough to ask people. Due to my pre-pregnancy stretch marks and muffin top, I generally get asked if I am pregnant, or if there is a kid nearby, if he/she belongs to me.

Ha Jyn is beautiful. And I think you are, too. She's lucky to have such great genes working in her favor.

ashezart said...

Cat you're so funny! I miss you and your gorgeous face!!!!! yes you are gorgeous!!!!! and you have a gorgeous lil girl too!!! :D

see i have that problem~but me, being the single, childless wonder...am the nanny...