Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ahhh Boo's an American!!


Thursday my Boo transformed into an American. 
Actually he gets to keep his Korean citizenship.
So without further ado let me present to you:
Yong Boo the Kamarican!!

I was against him becoming a citizen at first, but he wants to work with 
the government. With his Masters degree finished it is becoming even more possible.
Most of the jobs he is interested in require citizenship.
So now he can vote and everything! I think he really needs to put on about 20 pounds of 
pre-packaged sodium ridden fat to really look like an authentic American. 
I told him if he votes for Palin I would personally denounce his citizenship. 

Ha Jyn with her Kamarican Papa

Celine applauding her new Kamarican Uncle

These two were hilarious durring the ceremony.  Boo had to sit in a 
different section so I had them all to myself. The seats in the auditorium were theater seats.
So I put Celine in my lap and plopped Ha Jyn on the chair next to me. I looked over at her
only to realize she was being eaten by the chair. So I tried to balance my foot on the chair while 
holding Celine, which worked pretty well. Celine and Ha Jyn decided that right when 
the main speaker was giving his, "Today is the best day of your life now that your an
American speech" it would be a good time to have an "ohhhh No!!" shouting contest.
So the speaker would say, "Today is a day you will remember the rest of your life", silence and next 
a loud "ohh noo!!" from one of them, fallowed by a louder "Oh noo!!" by the other one.
I was trying not to laugh while shoving raisins in their mouths, but it was pretty funny. 

I have never been a huge fan of America, but I was really happy for all the people
who became citizens. I hope that in one way or another it enriches their lives. I feel like American culture is pretty bland next to Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Korean etc., But I am really happy to
have more flavor in America. I know I am preaching, but I think that citizenship should be 
an easier thing to come by. That is what America is specialized in right? The whole, "great american melting pot" concept? Well I think it's time to make the pot bigger, thats all.  

To celebrate I busted out the scarves. Ha Jyn is a total girly-girl. She loves 
accessories and for me to paint her toe nails. Yesterday she got a hold of my sports bra and put it around her head walking around saying, "pretty!! pretty!"
Anyways when I was a kid me Grandma had a scarf drawer that gave me hours of entertainment.
Looks like Ha Jyn and Celine are the same way.  

 Next we went to the mall where Celine's Grandma treated us to an 
awesome dinner at Heaven.. The Cheesecake Factory. I had never been there,
but anything that loads chocolate on top of chocolate usually passes in my book.
The girls also got to play in the mall playground. Ha Jyn seriously sat on this fish for a good five minutes. These days she loves the song, "Slippery fish" so maybe thats why.




No comments: