Sunday, November 16, 2008

시사 = She Saw= Korean Ancestral Ceremony

시사 (She-saw) is an Ancestral ceremony that
only happens once a year. In Ha Dong next to Boo's
Uncle's house is The Son family's Jay Saw house.
The house is only opened once a year for the 시나
ceremony.

The women prepare all the traditional
food and then all the men bow to their
ancestors.

Here are some pictures of the food.
For the ceremony there are fruits,
dried fish, octopus, traditional rice cakes,
small cookies and other sea foods.
After the ceremony everyone eats the
food together.




The women preparing the food.
I didn't have any idea what they were doing
so I supervised. Or stood around
looking stupid what ever you want to
call it.

My Nephew Ha You and I.

Boo looking stunning in his suit coat and
training pants. (The dog got car sick on the
pants he was wearing)

Ha You and Ha Bin looking all cute

My niece Ha Bin and I

Ha Bin and Ha you with their older brother Ha Min

1 comment:

ashezart said...

Y'all are so0o cool! I REALLY want to come visit I miss you guys s0o0o0 much!!!!!! Looking good too! Cat I LOVE your haircolor!!!!!