Friday, March 27, 2009

Aunt Elva

Being on the other side of the world from my family I just found out that my Great Aunt Elva died. She had been suffering with another bout of cancer. My Aunt Elva has and is one of our family favorites. She was always blunt, to the point and hilarious. She was also almost 100% blind. One time we went out to lunch with her. She had on a sweat shirt that had the L sticker for large size right on her boob. (She couldn't see it). When my mom told her about it she just said, "oh no honey I was just labeling my chest size". I loved her when I was little because every time we went out with her she would buy me my horoscope rolled up in those little tubes. She wasn't a typical sweet grandma like lady. She was the person that would actually say the things that everyone was thinking but that no one had the guts to say. I didn't get to see her that much, but I will miss hearing updates of funny things she said and did. Now Layton Utah is far less colorful and diverse without her there.

2 comments:

Tobler's said...

I am sorry to hear about your aunt. It sounds like she was such a fun lady! That is hilarious about the L sticker :)

ashezart said...

Aww I'm really sorry Cat! :( She had such an awesome attitude toward every thing! I love it! Well one thing is for sure, Heaven is going to be a lot more fun with her there! :p