Tuesday, March 24, 2009

World Classic Baseball...yes I'm not happy.

There are some things that make me so embarrassed about America.
In Asia Americans are generally perceived as being lazy. Because well, compared to Korean culture we ARE lazy. To emphasize that fact the USA world classic baseball team showed supreme examples of just how lazy we can be. Watching right fielder Adam Dunn made me remember how I played softball when I was 11. Only I was 11 and did not get paid big money, nor was I "representing" my country. Had USA gone to the finals I still would have wanted Korea to win. I am surprised to see he even moved this much. My rant part two is how dirty Japan played today against Korea for the first place. There is a lot of animosity and history between Korea and Japan. The lack of sportsmanship on Japan's part makes me sick to my stomach. Here is Nakajima sliding into Ko Yong Min 고영민, grabbing his leg trying to stop him from making a double play. Here Lee Yong Gyu 이용규 was sliding into second base. Japan's player on second Kneed him in the head with such force that it broke his helmet. Now 이용규's eyes are all swollen. Ichiro Suzuki the player, who in the top of the 10th hit a 2 run RBI for Japan has been quoted as saying, that Korean baseball is 30 years behind Japan's. After the game today with the 3-5 score he was quoted as saying, "I must have something special that's a God given gift." As for me I know who the real winners are...
Boo and I like these photo shopped pictures of the
Japanese player.



1 comment:

ashezart said...

LoL my favorite is the photo-shopped too =p The shark is a nice touch