Friday, January 28, 2011

Project revamp: recrapping my crap



When I was a kid I remember my teachers at school
and church using felt boards. For whatever reason I was always
the kid that could be bribed with the reward of putting the pictures on the felt board.
An empty wall in Ha Jyn's play room was begging to be covered. So I attempted to
make felt boards for her.
I saw a tutorial on fabric ABC's and wanted to make them for Ha Jyn.
Instead of using quilt batting for the middle and felt for the backing, I used my fat
clothes. Now that they are in alphabet shapes I can't get that fat again........right?
Lately Ha Jyn has been really interested in the T.V.
Probably because she can touch the T.V. now. Luckily we only get
about six channels so her T.V. shows are limited to those on PBS.
We are going to try and coordinate the letter of the day on Sesame Street
to the letter of the day in her play room. I'm not sure, but I think that I have
a lot of cutting and laminating in my future.

More crap re-crapped.
These are all a dollar flowers taken apart
and then sewn back together to make
hair flowers for Ha Jyn.
I bragged to Boo that I could make one for under forty cents.
Boo's response, "Wow those actually cost money?" Ouch to my ego!!
In other news, Ha Jyn has a new throne!
Our $20 umbrella stroller.
We have a really nice jogging stroller that my family
gave us when Ha Jyn was born. Lately she likes
this cheap o one better.

We also went to Red Lobster this week.
I think it should be re-named "Yellow Butter"
At least Ha Jyn had a good time coloring.

3 comments:

Casey said...

I like your re-crapped felt letter board. That's a really smart idea! Your baby will read in no time!

Robyn said...

I love the letters too. You must have had some really cute Fat clothes. Wish my old clothes were as cute as that. Maybe that's why I haven't been inspired to re-crap any of it :)

david said...

I love the recycling, and I can't wait to listen to Ha Jyn read the letter names to me!
Love
Mom