Tuesday, December 1, 2009

November Reads

This Book was one of the best books I have read in a long time.
I picked it because it was a librarian's favorite pick for the month of November.
It tells a story of Pi who's family from India is on their way to Canada and die in a ship wreck.
Only Pi survives on the life boat with a Zebra,Monkey,Hyena and a Tiger. Eventually only Pi and the Tiger are left alive on the boat. It ends beautifully and with great irony.

I get to read everyday at work with my student for about 20 minutes.
During the silent reading time I have been reading Nancy Drew books that are on the
bookshelves. When I was little I LOVED Nancy Drew books. I remember I use to beg
my mom to let me knock a hole in the wall and look for secret passage ways after I read about Nancy doing that. Now I realize maybe Carolyn Keene was not the best author,
however she wrote books that got a lot of girls to read. The
one thing I hate about the books is that Nancy's best friend Bess is
always referred to as Nancy's chubby friend. Bess is always talking about
how she is hungry and wants to eat.
As a chubby girl I grudgingly could never identify with Nancy as
I felt I had more in common with Bess.




I read the Botox Diaries because I read a book by these
authors last month and found it to be a entertaining and easy read.
This one was as well.

3 comments:

XSUSHA said...

I keep meaning to ship you this box of books that I have for you. I will try and send it with Justin tomorrow. There are some F-I-N-E reads in the box because I got them all off of the dollar cart at Borders.

Cat said...

Haha than they must be REALLY good!

Keef, Cris & gang said...

Hey! Somebody send some of those books this way please! (I've read ALL of dad's magazines because all of the books here came from me.)