Friday, December 4, 2009

Stroller dream, Week 34, Thanksgiving, New crib and more

Boo and I have been searching for the perfect stroller for a long time now.
We like to go for long walks and I am going to work hard to get the baby fat off pronto
after the baby comes. So we knew that a jogging stroller would fit our style better.
Unfortunately the nice ones are freaking expensive! Finally we found one on Craig's list that we loved, it was almost new, great quality and Orange on top of everything else!
So we drove an hour and a half to buy it, bought it, opened up our trunk and found that it did
not fit! Big problem! I was so mad because I loved it!

But than today I received an e-mail from Aunt Ha ha and Ja Ja
and my Mom and Dad saying that as a Christmas/Baby gift they are getting us this.....
a BOB!!!!
The ultimate baby Stroller!!
We are so so happy for them to do this for us!
In other news I am now 34 weeks! Ahhhh
Over thanksgiving weekend we went
to the Monterey Aquarium with one of the
kids I am a Case Aide for.



My sexy body. Don't get jealous!

We went to the beach on Thanksgiving because we
heard there was 20 ft waves. It was pretty crazy.


Earlier we went for a walk and I decided
to buy a donut just in case I did not inhale enough
calories during the day. Shortly after I tripped on the curb, however
I am happy to say my donut survived without any injuries!
For Thanksgiving we were invited to Boo's
Professors house with some of Boo's classmates.
It was fun to meet them and brush up on my Korean.
I don't really like traditional Thanksgiving food,
but here there was a mixture of Korean and American
food making it the perfect meal.

In other news we were wondering how we would ever
be able to afford to get a nice crib.
The ones we were looking at were safe, but really ugly.
Randomly my student's P.E. Teacher Stacy asked me
if we needed a crib. Turns out she has had this crib
since her three year old was a baby but he never slept in it.
She said she wanted to give it to someone who needed it.
When we saw the crib I was so happy. We tried to pay
for it but she refused to take any money.
It is way better quality than we could ever afford.
It feels so much better knowing that the baby has a
place to sleep now. We feel so lucky to have such a nice bed for our baby.

3 comments:

ashezart said...

yay! Looks like y'all are set :D Exciting!! Sis you look adorable!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!

Keef, Cris & gang said...

thats like the crib we have, it converts into toddler bed. did you check the stroller for a quick release lever on the front tire? That's how they fit in the car...

Heather P said...

Isn't it wonderful how things "just work out" in times of need. The crib is an absolute miracle and a blessing. I love the drawers underneath the crib!

Let me know what else you need Cat (preferably something shippable:)