Monday, December 28, 2009

A very Merry Christmas and a VERY missed Gramps!

This Christmas was great. My sister Jen and her fiance
Scott came to celebrate with us. I was really happy to spend time
with them. I think we would have felt really lonely without them there.
It was great to go to the beach on Christmas in a short-sleeved shirt.
These three pictures were from earlier this week.
Like Boo's new doo?
Mother nature with the Mother load
Boo with normal hair
A belly picture for mom. Oh my gosh! Sorry mom looks
like Jenny accidentally stood in front of me.
Oh well perhaps another day....
Juny celebrating Christmas with us

The day after christmas my Own Grandpa (My dad's dad)
passed away. He got to be around a lot of his family
and die with dignity in his own bed.
This was the last time I saw him over the summer.
He was a hilarious man. When I was a kid he use to drive his motor home
to our Colorado house and let me give tours of his motor home to my friends. Only if I charged them a quarter. He never said a mean or unkind word to anyone and knew how to make
a joke out of anything.
He gave me my nick name Cat.
The hardest thing is that I can't be there now to help
comfort my Grandma and to honor and celebrate his life.
I am just hoping that he will pass our Ha Jyn as he is going up and she is coming down
to land. Hopefully he can teach her a few quick things like the real words to Jesus
wants me for a sun beam and how to enjoy life under any circumstance like he did.

I miss you and love you Gramps!

At our Utah reception
Right after my mission
Ha ha and Gramps last Christmas
Gramps and I
My Grandma and Gramps. Born two days apart
and married 67 years I believe. I hope Boo and I get that
much time together.


2 comments:

Heather P said...

Thank you for sharing your memoir of Grandpa. You were always a favorite of Grandpa, and it certainly isn't hard to see why. Thank you for being such a good granddaughter for grandpa. Your faithfulness and humor make him proud.

ashezart said...

Cute pictures! You look fabulous!I'm sorry about your Grandpa :/ This is a really sweet post your grandparents are so cute!