Friday, January 29, 2010

Ha Jyn Mabel Son (pictures at the bottom of the post)


Our Baby is finally here!
Ha Jyn Mabel Son was born
January 19, 2010 10:22 P.M.
She was 19 inches tall and weighed 7.12 lbs.

It all started on the 18th at 1:00 P.M.
They scheduled me to be induced.
When I got there they discovered that I had not dilated at all!
I could not believe it because we were already 4 days past her due date!
So they first tried using a pill to help me dilate.
The pill takes four hours to completely work, so we waited. By the end of four
hours I had gone to about a 4 (out of 10).
So it was decided that we would wait a little bit and see if my body would go into
natural labor. It did but it was painfully slow. So at about 4 in the morning the Dr.
came in and broke my water. We all thought that it would mean the baby would come soon...wrong. After they broke my water I stayed at the same 4 forever!
Finally we decided to start an IV drug pitocin to vamp up the contractions.
That stunk because that meant no more walking around outside because I had to be connected to the fetal monitors. After about five hours of that and still not getting past a 4 the pain got to be way to much so I decided to get an epidural. I was really against having one. I really hate
needles and the idea of not being able to feel my legs. But at this point I was way tired and knew I had a long ways to go so I decided that I should get it. When they put it in Boo was holding my hands, but almost fainted when he saw how big it was.
After that they upped the pitocin hoping to speed up the delivery. Baby Ha Jyn did not like the pitocin. So after every contraction I would have her heart rate would slow down. When they realized this they quickly shut off the pitocin and gave be oxygen. After about three tries of starting the pitocin they scheduled a c-section and did the paper work for it. In the mean time the nurses shift changed and I got a new nurse named Jennifer Lynn. The same name as my sister. This nurse was amazing first she talked to me for about 40 minutes and did a play by play of what happend durring a c-section. Than she told me that she was going to do everything she could to prevent me from having a c-section. She had me lay on my side, gave me more IV fluids, situated my legs in a certain way and upped my pitocin little by little. All of her tricks worked!
About an hour before I gave birth my epidural stopped working and kept making this buzzing noise. I started to panic and told them to just give me a c-section and get the baby out. She than checked me an told me I was at a 10 and the baby was 2 inches away from crowning.
She had the anesthesiologist come and give me another small dose which put me out for about 30 minutes. When I woke up I pushed for about 20 minutes and finally I got to meet our precious Ha Jyn.
She was so laid back, she would not cry. The Dr. had to pinch her foot to get her to start crying.
I was so relieved to see that she was healthy out of me!
She is a really good and extremely cute baby! (not that I am biased or anything)
Besides a few long nights she is a laid back and low maintenance baby. It feels so good to have her here with us in our family. Here are a few pictures with many many more to come!

After her first bath at home


It is tradition in Korea for new moms to eat
sea weed soup so Boo made me a big pot of it.
Just chillin
She loves to listen to music already
taking a nap
My mom called this her dork outfit.
I think she looks ridiculously cool!
Grandma with her favorite Grandchild
I think she looks sooo much like Boo here
One proud Papa
Enjoying her first bath
"yeah I am finally out!"
I like how she is waving
Me about 30 hours into labor
My mom relaxing in the hospital
Ha Jyn at her baby shower
Another baby shower pic


6 comments:

ashezart said...

awww shes such a sweetie! way to go momma! :p

Amber Blair said...

Congrats again!! That labor story makes me go crazy FOR you!! 30 hours....good grief!! Glad she's here though and healthy!! She is a doll!!

The Tafuna Family said...

cat im so proud of you!! labor never seems to go well for those who plan it out. but that's ok, everyone gets a prize, and your prize is beautiful! its crazy how she looks so much like you and so much like boo at the same time.
enjoy every minute of her and take a picture every day.
oxo

The Weston's said...

awe. I am so happy for you that it all went well and that you dodged a c-section. YAY. and both mommy and baby are healthy- couldn't ask for anything more. congrats you 2!

XSUSHA said...

Ohh man! I wish I could be there to kiss her little chub cheeks! Give her big kisses from aunt Ha Ha. She is too cute!

Diana said...

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats on the wonderful addition to your family:)