Thursday, January 14, 2010

May I vent? Of couse I may! (You don't have to read this, I am not really "all there" right now with it being 5 in the morning amongst other things)


My head hurts,
my eyes hurt,
my throat hurts,
my hands hurt,
my tummy hurts,
my fingers hurt,
my brain hurts,
my legs hurt,
my feet hurt,
my pride hurts.

And now for my vent:
As many may know we are poor.
We are poor, but for a good reason Boo is getting his master's. In
his field of study a master's is the difference between a $7 an hour job
and a career. Some suggest he should drop out and "provide" for his family.
I think he is providing, providing us with a better future, with a better pay, which will ultimately provide a way for me to get my
master's and further improve our future.
As of now it sucks. I don't mind being poor, doing without, not spending money. All of that I can do but what I cannot stand is the health care that is available to people in my situation and in most cases in worse situations than me.

Many times waiting two hours to see a Dr. for five minutes. Durring that five minutes being belittled, unheard and overall frightened. Having legitimate questions and no answers. I have friends and family I can turn to, to help answer the questions the Doctors don't have time for. But what about all the woman who just moved here from other countries (also looking for a better future) and literally cannot communicate with the Dr? What about the young girls I see who look as scared as I feel? When the Doctors don't have time for them who do they turn to?
In the New Testament Jesus Christ gave equal health care to everyone. He showed the same compassion to the rich as he healed them as he did to the lepers, whom no one else would even touch. He did not corner all the untouchables and poor people into a small space and make them wait for a few seconds of his divine guidance. He knelt down with them, prayed with them and gave them relief.

I feel like a leper. I feel like because of my current finical situation I am casted out of quality care. Like I have been thrown into a crowded fighting ring with no protection. That would be okay, but my poor baby is being tossed around from one uncaring Dr. to another. It's not about what is best for her, it is about what fits into each Doctor's golf schedule.

I know if possible Jesus Christ would take time to heal and help every sick or in need person on this earth. And while that cannot happen now, as a christian, human, American or any other catagory you or I might fit in this kind of health care is just
UNEXCEPTABLE !!!!

2 comments:

ashezart said...

sis i'm totally with you on that! health care is a joke and doctors are such jerks~they only care about their time--they don't listen to their patients and they don't understand how patients feel or what they're going through :/ its hard.
I'm so sorry you're going through all this~it WILL get better~my thoughts and prayers are with You and Boo. Take care sis!you can do this! YOU ROCK!!!! Miss your guts!!! much <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!!

XSUSHA said...

TOTALLY TRUE!