Thursday, November 11, 2010

Too beautiful to live.

After a four month battle with Acute Myeloid Leukemia my friend Megan passed away early monday morning. We met my last semester at BYUH. We did not have many opportunities to hang out, but she has made a permanent impact on me. She left behind her beautiful 4 month old daughter Rylee and her devoted husband Ryan. She was beautiful, she was funny, she was friendly. All week her death has been at the center of my mind. The last few weeks of her life, her lungs started to deteriorate. The doctors told her family that barring a complete miracle it was only a matter of time before she would die.
After this news, literally thousands of people prayed for a miracle. The only other time I had prayed for something that hard was when my mom got lost overnight in the mountains while she was hiking. After a while Boo and I were sure that she would pull through somehow. I remember telling Boo, "She is has to make it, God would not take her away... She has a baby." For reasons that are not understandable, he took her. I feel such sorrow for her baby, husband, family and loved ones. As bittersweet as it is, there is a miracle. That being that somehow her family will survive. Her daughter will grow up knowing that she has a wonderful mother watching over her. For me her passing has made the menial things in my life huge...
I hate walking the dog in the rain, however I am here and I am walking the dog in the rain. I don't like changing diaper after diaper. But I am here and I get to change my little squirmy's diapers. My husband has left his dirty towel on our bed for the 80th time, but on the other hand I am here and my husband is here. The towel may be there but we are here. I know God has something extraordinary for her. I know it was just her time. My thoughts and prayers are for her family, close friends and loved ones. I know that she has a forever family, that she will one day reunite with her husband and eventually her daughter.
Until that day, Aloha 'Oe to beautiful Megan who was just too beautiful to live.
here is a link to the web site her husband set up.

No comments: