Wednesday, March 23, 2011

LA is for lovers


LA was great! We had a great short trip.
The main reason that we went was for the LA Marathon.
The Marathon was an amazing day for me. It was pouring windy hard rain the
entire time. But it was so much fun. I ran at about a 13:40 pace per/minute.
Not fast at all. Next time to improve my time I want to:
1. Train better. ( I trained pretty consistent until I started my new job,
that's when it all hit the fan.)
2. Have a more reliable i-pod. (I had a play list set up for when I was exhausted to pump me up.
But my i-pod only lasted for about the first three hours.
I LOVED the course.
It went through China town, the walk of fame as well as rodeo drive and went right in front of
the LDS temple.
It started at dodger stadium and ended at the Santa Monica Pier.
It was like taking a running tour of LA.
The last four miles were the hardest. It was mostly downhill, but the roads were starting to flood. So we were running in huge puddles. Also the wind really picked up and was pushing against me. At one point I started to walk,
but soon realized it was to painful to walk in that kind of weather.
Afterwards it was pure chaos trying to find Boo and Ha Jyn. I was so cold and tired
and if I had not found them I had plans to curl up and cry in the middle of the street.
It took me a long time to warm up. I later found out that over a thousand runners were
treated for hypothermia.

The best part by far was when Boo and Ha Jyn
surprised me at mile 18.
The first night we got there as a tad rough
for Ha Jyn. Hence the family morning nap the next day.
My mom and her friend went to Disney Land. We were able to
meet up for Lunch.
This is at the Fashion Institute campus.
They had an amazing store where you can buy
clothes that the students made for $1. I had a really good time there!
We than walked down to the Fashion District.
You can never go wrong with Orange sequins, much less
an entire row of sequins.
I read about this store on a sewing blog I fallow.
You can rummage through the boxes and buy
fabric by the pound. I could have stayed there all day.
In Boo's opinion I did stay there all day!

My new favorite picture of myself. I real stunner,
actually Arnold contacted me and asked if he could make
Billboards out of this!
Me and My gal enjoying the view of LA from Dodger Stadium.
At the Marathon Expo.
Yumm Gelato.
At the temple.
Ha Jyn loved to see the temple!
Hanging out with a Sister missionary in the
visitor's center.

A shopping mall in Korea Town.
It was crazy, like actually being in Korea.

Giving Shopee, the Jindo at the B&B we stayed at
a big kiss.
We went to the walk of fame just as the press was setting up
for Brian Adams and Wayne Gretzky's star inductions.

Getting fresh with Norma Jean!
I went here when I was a kid and loved it. I had to drag
Boo to see it too. Some of my favorites.

I like this one because the cast of Harry Potter put their wand imprints on here
as well.
Nothing like a van convertible! When class meets
trash!

2 comments:

Casey said...

What a fun trip! Congratulations on the marathon! What a feat! Plus, I love the crying Ha Jyn in front of the temple picture.

Heather P said...

Way to run the marathon! I'm sorry the weather was so inclement though. And 13.5 minute miles is a good pace for a marathon. Awesome job!
It was also fun to see you have a blast in LA. I also think you look great Catherine! You have the same healthy glow that you had in Hawaii.