Monday, October 25, 2010

Joe's New Kidney

This is the Eves family.
Holli (the Mama in the picture) is my all time favorite and best
St. George friend. In high school we were co-members of the
geek council. We wore matching pocket protectors and everything! Durring softball
season we were also co-bench warmers.
My freshman year at the University of Utah Holli called to tell me that
her and the guy she had been dating, Joe were getting hitched.
I was skeptical that any guy would be good enough for the co-president
of the geek council. But upon the first three seconds of meeting him she
had my approval. My approval meant nothing lots to Holli
so she decided to go for it. Their first baby Aubrey was born while I was on my
mission and Jocelyn was born while we lived in Korea. They are expecting a new baby girl in November.

Holli is VERY talented in many ways, but extremely talented musically.
In high school, when we were not cruising the boulevard in her
1981 ford focus we were sitting around the piano while she
played any song on demand. (did I mention we were also
the two most popular people at school?)
We already decided I have to die first so that Holli can
play and sing, "Let it be" at my funeral.

Some of you might recognize her from Boo and I's Utah wedding reception.
Her and her sister Juli sang an incredible version of our song,
Danny's song.

Holli's husband Joe has had kidney issues since birth.
But it has become crucial that he gets a kidney transplant.
His brother is a perfect match, but due to Joe's condition,
getting health insurance has been proved impossible.
Click here to see an adorable video from Aubrey who explains better than I do.
Lots of love, hope and prayers to Holli, Joe, Aubrey, Jocelyn and Baby Catherine.
Here's to Joe's new kidney!!

No comments: