Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pops and Mamasita come to visit and Ha Jyn turns 9 months!

It is hard to believe that Ha Jyn is now 9 months old!
She still loves her Puppy Juny, so we thought it would
be fitting for her to be a puppy too!
We have started to branch on her solids now.
She likes the canned meats such as pureed
turkey.
Ewww I gag when I give it to her, but she likes it!
She says Dada a lot, gives kisses on demand (something we hope she forgets how to do
by the time she is in high school) and is
starting to learn how to give a hug and to high five.
She was going through some tuff sleeping patterns,
but a change in bed and nap times has fixed that.
(crossing fingers, please please don't let the last week just be a fluke!)
She loves to be tickled and to dance anytime anyone sings.
She rocked out all weekend to Granny J!
Top nick names for her are:
Squirmy,squirmy worm, squirms, Puppy girl,
girly girl, baby girl, silly bill, petunia etc.
Enjoying pizza with Gramps and Grams

tickling Grandpa
sharing her toys on the bus ride to the Hearst Castle.
Ready to go!
Hearst Castle was a little over the
top even for me.
There comes a point when to much is just to much.
My favorite thing was the outdoor pool.
It was ginormous and spotless. I literally had to
hold myself back from jumping in.


Every corner was intricate.
I took a lot of pictures that I thought my sister Carly who is
into historic preservation might like.


Ha Jyn enjoying her castle
Our new home

The ceilings were all imported from Europe.
Apparently the guy even had a warehouse
filled with art work.
Someone on the tour asked who the castle belongs to.
The tour guide answered, "William Hearst left it to the
people of California, so it belongs to them." My thoughts, "well
good I am a Californian, I am going to help myself
to that vase I saw in the 14th guest room
and pay off Boo's school loans! "
Actually I would take this dress
What bothered me was that he has several libraries with
thousands of books in them, all locked up.
It felt like they were wild animals all caged up.
I wanted soo bad to flip thought these old
travel guides.
Or his Shakespeare collection.
Ha Jyn even admired the ceilings.
Boo and Ha Jyn getting ready for some tennis.
Ha Jyn almost ran off with this.
Indoor pool with a balcony guest could
dive off of.
Ha Jyn playing with Grandma after the tour.
Over ten years ago my sister Jenn and I went on a road trip
up the coast of California. When we drove past the castle we saw a bunch of
zebra's at first I thought I was crazy so we turned around
and saw them again.
Turns out they are the descendants of the original Zebra's
that William Hearst had in his Zoo.
I tried to take a picture for Jenn,
but they ran off so this is the best I could get.
Elephant Seals.
I remember them looking different than this.



My parents, Ha Jyn and I went to a free
car and air show.
If I remember right this is similar to a car they had when
they were first married.
My mom next to the tiniest airplane ever.
I swear it was Ha Jyn size!
Ha Jyn and I next to a bigger one.
Their trip went by way way to fast, but we had a lot
of fun!
Ha Jyn loved the company. She looked all sad
when she woke up from her nap to discover them gone!
Hopefully we will see them soon.
Thanks for coming Grandma and Grandpa!




2 comments:

ashezart said...

awesome pictures!!!! :D I can't believe Ha Jyn is 9 months!!!!

XSUSHA said...

That castle looks awesome! If not a preservation/conservation nightmare.