Monday, October 11, 2010

Project re-vamp: Take One- Julie Andrews style


It's been a little dulling with the
day to day same old same old.
With Boo in school we have little money
to play around with on new or for that matter used items.
With the help of my new sewing machine
and a couple cheap items I have been
revamping.
Kind of like how Julie Andrews took the curtains and made the
children their, "Play clothes" in The Sound Of Music.
I also found this blog which has TONS of great ideas I want
to try for Ha Jyn and I.

Revamp Polygamist dress.
Boo said that this dress made me look like
a polygamist. So instead of finding some sister wives
I decided to cut it into two. Making the
top a bolero and lining the top and skirt with
tulle to make it puffy.
Move over Sister Wives, I'm coming through!!
This is what I call the green monster. It was
a really huge dress that I got for 2 bucks at old navy. It looked okay when I was
pregnant and I could appropriately accessorize.
Now it looks like a hot mess. So I decided to try to take
a silky tulle and make a tutu type skirt.
And now it looks like an even hotter hot mess!!
This was a free chair that we got.
I came across some paint samples I got a long time ago.
And wha-la ugly chair turns into slightly less ugly chair!

This alligator was a onesie. Ha Jyn wore it once
and than when I washed it at our apartment's craptastic
Laundromat it got a stain that would not come off.
So I cut cut the alligator out and sewed it to one of
her dresses.
My first sewing project.
Worn out jeans+ scarf = Clutch.
My magic trick.
With the help of my trusty assistant Ha Jyn,
Watch as I magically turn this shirt into a....
Skirt!!!!
Stay tuned for more!



2 comments:

Robyn said...

You are so resourceful Cat! I love that. I just wish I could see the ex-polygamist dress and the green skirt on a model (you) :)

XSUSHA said...

Way to go! I love the little skirts and dresses for Ha Jyn! Maybe you could help me revamp my work clothes because they are BORING! !!