Friday, February 6, 2009

Leaving in April

Well it looks as if our time in Changwon is going to end
a little sooner than expected. We decided to leave Changwon in April
and come back to the states in early May.
To be honest I have really loved living in Korea, Korean culture, food, friends
and most of all family. However I cannot say the same for being an English teacher.
This quote from the movie Annie Hall describes what kind of teacher I
am perfectly.




"I remember the staff at our public school. You know, we had a saying, uh, that those who can't do teach, and those who can't teach, teach gym. And, uh, those who couldn't do anything, I think, were assigned to our school."

I'm glad that I found what I am not good at soon in my working life.
So hopefully as my Korean skills improve once we come back here
I will be able get a job I find fulfilling. But as for now I am happy to be getting away from a
job that makes me pull my hair out!

1 comment:

ashezart said...

Wow! Crazyness. But it's SO exciting! I might be in HI when you get back...I really want 2 c y'all! I miss your face SO much =p
I'm sure you're a fabulous teacher~your class just sucks that's all.